Looking for responsible applicants who are outgoing individuals with quality swimming abilities.
In order to be considered for employment with the aquatics program, applicants must meet the minimum requirements below:
- Lifeguards – Must be American Red Cross certified or equivalent and at least 16 years of age at the time of employment.
- Swim Lesson Instructors (WSI preferred) – at least 16 years of age and completed a minimum of Level 6 of American Red Cross Learn to Swim progressions.
- Swim Instructor Aide – for applicants ages 14-15, with an interest in becoming a Lifeguard/Instructor and completed a minimum of Level 6 of ARC-Learn To Swim progressions.
- Cashiers – Front Desk: for ages 18+ to take daily admissions & program registrations with provided software. Concession Area: ages 14+ for running the concession stand and cash register.
Positions are filled on a needed basis, and applications will be kept on file for up to one (1) year from the date it they are received. Completed applications are for Gurney Lane and the Queensbury Elementary School pools. Please complete the following application and return to the Queensbury Parks & Recreation Department, 742 Bay Rd. Queensbury, NY 12804
For more information please call 518-761-8216
A STRONG STAFF IS KEY TO A SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM.
Looking for responsible, energetic and motivated applicants to supervise and lead recreational activities for kids ages 5-12.
Camp runs Monday - Friday, July 3 - August 18th. Staff members work ~8am-2pm.
In order to be considered for summer employment with Q-Club, applicants must meet the minimum requirements below.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of staff orientation (June) – call for details.
- Must have experience working with children, or in a role of responsibility
Please complete and sign a Parks & Recreation Department Application and return to the department office (742 Bay Road, Queensbury) or email it to Camp Director, Nicole Woodcock, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call 518-761-8214.
In order to apply to be a CIT, applicants must be at least 15 years of age on or before June 26, 2023.
CITs who are accepted start out on a 1-week trail basis and may be welcomed back to volunteer for additional weeks of camp.
Part time, seasonal laborers are sometimes hired to perform work at area parks. Anytime there are vacancies for this position, a notice will be posted here.
At the present time, there are no openings and applications are not being accepted.