Looking for responsible applicants who are outgoing individuals with quality swimming abilities.
In order to be considered for employment with the aquatics program, applicants must meet the minimum requirements below:
- Lifeguards – Must be American Red Cross certified or equivalent and at least 16 years of age at the time of employment.
- Swim Lesson Instructors (WSI preferred) – at least 16 years of age and completed a minimum of Level 6 of American Red Cross Learn to Swim progressions.
- Swim Instructor Aide – for applicants ages 14-15, with an interest in becoming a Lifeguard/Instructor and completed a minimum of Level 6 of ARC-Learn To Swim progressions.
- Cashiers – ages 14+ for admissions into Gurney Lane and Concession Stand
Positions are filled on a needed basis, and applications will be kept on file for up to one (1) year from the date it they are received. Completed applications are for Gurney Lane and the Queensbury Elementary School pools. Please complete the following application and return to the Queensbury Parks & Recreation Department, 742 Bay Rd. Queensbury, NY 12804
For more information please call 518-761-8216
A STRONG STAFF IS THE KEY TO A SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM!!
Looking for responsible, energetic and motivated applicants to supervise and lead daily activities (Monday – Friday) for kids ages 6-12.
In order to be considered for summer employment with Q-Club, applicants must meet the minimum requirements below.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of staff orientation (June) – call for details.
- Must have experience working with children, or in a role of responsibility
- Must complete and sign a Parks & Recreation Department Application and return to the department office (742 Bay Road, Queensbury)
For more information please call 518-761-8216.
Part time, seasonal laborers are sometimes hired to perform work at area parks. Anytime there are vacancies for this position, a notice will be posted here.
At the present time, there are no openings and applications are not being accepted.