The Recreation Commission and the staff of the Department of Parks and Recreation are pleased to offer a variety of year-round programs, activities and facilities for Queensbury residents. We encourage you and your family to take advantage of these recreational opportunities and hope they serve to make your life more enjoyable. The Department of Parks and Recreation and the Commission also welcome your comments and suggestions with regard to new program ideas and activities. Please do not hesitate to contact the department at the Town Office Building during regular business hours. Commission meetings are held at 7:00 pm, on the first Tuesday of every month at the Town Office Building. We welcome your attendance. Minutes of previous meeting are available at the Queensbury Documents site under the Recreation Commission folder. 2018 Recreation Commission meeting schedule 2019 Recreation Commission meeting schedule
RECREATION COMMISSION MEMBERS:
- Fran Cabana - Chairman
- Wendy Matthews
- Amanda Mohr, Vice Chairman
- Judy Goralski, Secretary
- Todd Eicher
- Greg Hewlett
- John Mossing
Queensbury Parks & Recreation742 Bay Road, Queensbury, NY 12804Office Phone: (518) 761-8216Fax: (518): 798-3194
- Steven Lovering, Director | Send E-mail
- Lori O’Shaughnessy, Assistant Director | Send E-mail
- Jennifer Baertschi-France, Program Coordinator & Q-Club Director | Send E-mail
- Gary Crossman, Aquatic Supervisor | Send E-mail
- Simone Ramsey, Senior Typist | Send E-mail
- Mechanic — James Flansburg
- Laborer - Jody Hermance
Policies & Procedures
The Recreation Commission and the staff of the Department of Parks and Recreation are pleased to present the following programs and activities for the 2016 summer season. We encourage you and your family to take advantage of these recreational opportunities and hope they serve to make your summer more enjoyable. The department and the Recreation Commission also welcome your comments and suggestions with regard to program ideas and activities. Please do not hesitate to contact the department at the Town Office Building during regular business hours. Commission meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the first Tuesday of every month, at the Town Office Building. We welcome your attendance and encourage your participation.
- Cash, check, and credit card payments are acceptable forms of registration payment. Please make all checks payable to the Town of Queensbury.
Please Note: A $3.00 or 3.5% Convenience Fee will be charged for all credit card payments. The $3.00 or 3.5% fee, whichever is greater based on the transaction total, will be automatically applied at payment.
- The department reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient registration.
- In the event of inclement weather, programs and/or activities may be cancelled.
- Please check our CANCELLATION announcements on our Website Home page, Facebook page, and through the Rained-Out Cancellation Alert notification system. To sign up for the Rained-Out alerts, please go to the department Website Home page and click on the Rained-Out icon.
- Unless indicated specifically, the fee shown for most programs/activities is a per individual cost to participate.
- Pet Owners: Our parks are pet-friendly unless otherwise indicated. Please keep your pet on a leash and clean up after your pet.
- Specific programs have registration deadlines. Please check the program information for the applicable programs and deadline dates.
To withdraw from an activity, participants (caregivers, if registered participant is a child/minor) must notify the Department Office (761-8216) at least 48 hours prior to the start of the program to receive a refund. A cancellation fee of $5 per person, per program will be deducted from the refund. Your refund may be applied to your household as a credit, with no cancellation fee.
- Once a program or activity has begun, a pro-rated refund (for services used) will only be issued to individuals who are unable to participate because of medical circumstances (i.e. an illness or injury). A $5.00 refund processing fee will be deducted from the total refund.
Waiting List Policies
After being entered on a waiting list, and if an opening becomes available, or additional classes/times are created, you will be contacted by phone.
The department will follow the guidelines listed below when contacting wait list individuals.
- If it is necessary to leave a message on your answering machine, you will have until the close of business on the day following our call to contact us.
- Once you contact the department and are advised of additional classes, you will have until the close of business on the day following that communication to pay for that class.
- If you fail to either contact the department (#1 above) or pay for your selection, within the time allotted (#2 above), you will be passed over on the waiting list.