Family Rec Swim
The Queensbury Department of Parks & Recreation offers Family Recreational Swim times Saturday afternoons, 1:00-5:00 p.m., at Queensbury Elementary School Pool during the school year (Early November to Early April). Participants are encouraged to sign-in, and respect other swimmers, and accommodate lap lane use as needed.
- QES "small" Pool is back up and running. Repairs completed 11/13/23
- Inclement Weather: Please call the department at 518-761-8216 or Gurney Lane at 518-745-4481 for the open/closed status of the pool.
- SUMMER SWIMMING LESSONS are taught in the rain. If weather conditions worsen, we then try to conduct Safety Day Activities (videos, poster boards, activity sheets). If the forecast and thunder storms are severe enough, lessons may be cancelled entirely for the day. I encourage you to call Gurney Lane (518-745-4481) in advance and use your own judgment.
- Gurney Lane Pool Rules
Adult/Senior Swim & Aquaerobics
The Queensbury Department of Parks & Recreation offers Lap swimming for Adults (18 & Over) on Tuesday & Thursday evenings at Queensbury Elementary School Pool during the school year (September to early April) in conjuction with scheduled Aquaerobic programming dates. Participants must sign-in, and respect other swimmers personal space and accommodate circle swimming as needed.
- Aquaerobics and Adult lap swim will also be closed on evenings of HS swim meets and during the school holidays
- Sign up for text alert notifications through our MyRec program on inclement weather days
During the Summer Months (Late June to Labor Day) Adult (18 & Over) early morning lap swimming is available at Gurney Lane Recreation Area on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays from 6:30 am -8:30 am. This is an un-heated outdoor pool. The pool consists of 6 competition lap lanes with end-wall and bottom “T” markings. 2-3 lanes are also available, to accomodate a variety of lap swimmers, for use during regular open times. The Bathhouse includes restrooms and heated showers. The Town of Queensbury is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Pool Pass or daily $7 admission fee
For: Adults ages 18 & over
When: Tuesday & Thursday evenings, early September to April. Capital Projects on QUFSD Pool this year.
Time: 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM - NEW TIME
When: Wednesday evenings, early September to April. Currently unavailable
Time: 6:00 to 7:00 PM - NEW TIME
Where: Queensbury Elementary School Pool
Season: Summer - follows the 8-week swim lesson programming dates
For: Adults ages 18 & over
When: Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings - in correlation with the 8-week swim lesson programming
Time: 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM, by admissions during operating hours
Where: Gurney Lane Pool, 118 Gurney Lane, Queensbury NY 12804
This is an un-heated outdoor pool. The pool consists of 6 competition lap lanes with end-wall and bottom “T” markings. The Bathhouse includes restrooms, heated showers and changing areas. During Gurney Lane public swim times, there are 2 lap lanes designated for lap swimming use only.The Town of Queensbury is not responsible for lost or stolen property.